If reading FAQs makes you sleepy, frustrated, or delirious you can call or email sales. Contact us by phone 480-371-6797 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Q: Is the Rally Fighter “street legal”?
- A: Yes. As of July 2011, we have 22 Rally Fighters living across the USA and one in Kazakhstan. So far, existing owners are driving their registered, plated, and street legal Rally Fighters on the roads of Arizona, California, Texas, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Florida, New Jersey and Massachusetts. The Rally Fighter is registered like a custom built, aka ‘kit’, vehicle so registration varies slightly from state to state. The Rally Fighter is also 50 state emissions compliant.
- Q: Will I be able to Build it?
- Yes! With your purchase you also buy a Local Motors “Build Experience”. The Local Motors Build Experience is a first for the automotive industry. You join Local Motors experts in the Phoenix Micro-Factory for two 3-day weekends to build your very own Rally Fighter. If you are eager to learn the ins-and-outs of your vehicle, you are qualified! Your Local Motors Builder Trainer will help you through the entire process. Whether you are a long time car builder, a first time builder, or if you are simply a person seeking an exciting and enjoyable opportunity to learn more about cars – you are going to dig the Local Motors Build Experience. You do need to bring a friend to help. And friends come out of the woodwork when they hear you bought a Rally Fighter. Father/son build teams are so far the most common pairs and we’re impatiently waiting on a mother/daughter team in 2012…
- Q: How many Rally Fighters will you build?
- A: Target is 2,000.
- Q: If I want a Rally Fighter, do I have to build it?
- A. The short answer: yes or you can buy one from an existing owner. For the long answer or to find out if there are any for sale, call sales at 480-371-6797.
- Q: Is financing available?
- A: Yes and we are working hard on it…stay tuned. As of July 2011, we’ve had two customers finance half through their personal banks.
- Q: Can I get car insurance for my Rally Fighter?
- A: Yes, it is cover-able for what you do on-road. As with all similar policies, you are generally on your own off-road. In most cases, your existing carrier will simply add it to your policy. But you will likely need a VIN to get a quick quote. And you don’t get the VIN until after it’s built and registered. Call/email sales for details and we’ll put you in touch with a local agent that has helped almost half of the existing customers with insurance.
- Q: What’s the gas mileage?
- A: It depends. Ride setup, height, wheels and suspension add variability. The stated MPG on the GM LS3 ERod engine in the Rally Fighter is 20-25mpg. In a typical off road setup – our test drivers experienced 16-18mpg, even though they consistently race off the line at red lights. Another driver got 20-23mpg between Phoenix and Tucson on I-10.
- Q: Can I get it in 4×4?
- A: All Rally Fighters will remain 2WD. Reason being, the Rally Fighter is very powerful (430 hp) has crazy long travel, and it only weighs around 3,800 lbs. So adding a front differential and transfer case would be counter-intuitive. Let alone add a ton of weight and disrupt our 50/50 weight distribution
Q: Can I install a forced induction system on my Rally Fighter?A: Forced induction can be done. Turbo for sure, there is not enough room for a blower on top, due to limited space between the intake and roll cage. A turbo system would be the most ideal solution if you are looking for more power. Again, it is already light and powerful, adding too much power and it will become UN drivable, please consult with a forced induction specialist prior to installing a turbo system.
Q: I placed a deposit and reserved a Rally Fighter number a while ago; Do I still own the number and reservation?
A: If you reserved a Rally Fighter and did not yet give up your number, then you still own it. If you have any questions about this or if you are ready to build, send sales a note.