Who wants to track a Prius!?!?
I am starting a project to convert a NB series Miata to electric. My main goal of the project is to build an electric vehicle for the performance benefits. There aren't any affordable, EV sports cars out there right now. We need to change that.
Why a Miata?
-Price & availability for donor car and parts (best selling two-seater convertible sports car in history)
- Easy to work on
- Great factory weight balance
- Already has a large enthusiast community
-Well documented attempts to create an EV Miata that are not performance oriented (we know what not to do)
- Create an EV that will appeal to people who love to drive
- Maintain or improve the CG and F-R weight balance
- Maintain or improve the power to weight ratio
- Street legal
- Project price <$15k including donor car
- Balance requirements of range with performance
I'm looking for people who are interested in collaborating with me on this project. My first step is developing general specifications for the drive train, specifically horsepower and battery capacity.